I have a style conundrum. Evelyn's rain boots finally cracked, literally, under the pressure of almost daily wear for one year. Now, call me an idealist but I hoped that her boots would remain in wearable condition until she outgrew them. Unfortunately, it seems that they were designed to be adorable and reasonably functional but they were just no match for my adventurous toddler. I decided to order a new pair of boots, this time from the same company that made the snow boots I bought for Evelyn. The construction is wonderful and the reviews are consistently high.
Evelyn chose yellow boots (though I was hoping she'd pick the hot pink or bright red ones because they looked pretty fun). It occurred to me that Evelyn does not go tromping off into barnyard muck or nature trails by herself. I am always with her, tip-toeing around the puddles in my ballet flats-- or if I am feeling especially prepared, my hiking boots. I ordered a pair of rain boots for myself. Now, I can't decide whether or not to keep the boots. They're comfortable, but I am not sure if I will actually wear them. Why wouldn't I wear them? Well, I had imagined that my jeans would fit nicely inside the boots, so as to keep them dry while we traipse over soggy grass and mushy downed-trees. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), the boots were designed to fit snugly at the top-- probably to seal out moisture. Chris suggested that I roll my pants a bit to keep them dry, but I am not convinced that this method won't leave me looking a bit ridiculous. What do you do (if you are apt to take walks in wet conditions or through the woods)?
On an unrelated note, Henry happily posed for the camera this evening before forgetting all about the photo shoot in favor of studying his hand.


I love the boots. They are super cute. The rolled look with the rain boots is very Pac NW chic. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Noelle. It's a practical look, but it's still cute.
ReplyDeleteI've been having the same dilema ever since a group farm outing in which so many of the mommies were wearing STYLISH rain boots. I didn't even realize there was such a thing! Now I feel the need to buy some to avoid frumpiness at farm outings :-) I think the idea is that you are supposed to wear your tight rainboots with skinny jeans or leggings tucked in. Of course, cuffed is cute too! I *think* I'm going to get them.
ReplyDelete