We were about fifteen minutes away from heading out the door for our Toddler Group when Evelyn said she'd really like to rest today. It is not like Evelyn to turn down an opportunity to play with other kids, and though she doesn't have a cough or a fever, her nose is runny and she seems a little sleepy. I was actually a little relieved that Evelyn made the call for me. Chris and I had been going back and forth about whether or not Henry was too sleepy to go. He is still getting over his congestion and, while he would be in carrier at the Toddler Group and not touching anything, he'd probably be unhappy. He just wants to nap in the big bed next to Mama or nurse. It's too bad. Chris had gotten both kids dressed and I was just drying my hair-- we were slated to be on time for once. Still, I think Henry and Evelyn alike will appreciate a calm, relaxed morning and I hope that it will situate us for a nice afternoon together. Neither child has had any fever, so it just seems as though they've run into a cold somewhere and need some extra rest.
Last night, I ordered groceries online for the first time. I'm looking forward to their delivery this morning. I've heard very good things about the grocery delivery; if this works out well, we might very well have a new time saver on our hands. To be fair, we'll probably still make little trips here and there to the store down the hill because it's close and it's kind of a nice outing when Evelyn gets a little stir-crazy because it isn't too much of a drive for Henry. Oh, and they have great lattes and gluten-free treats, too!
We missed you, but it sounds like the kiddos got more out of a day at home today. I hope everyone is well again soon!
ReplyDelete