Evelyn doesn't often make meal requests because
MamaCumLaude
Trying my best.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Success! (It was bound to happen sometime)
This evening, as we were sitting down to dinner and talking a bit about our days, my husband made an observation. He said, "it sounds like you had a rock star day." And, if I think about it, he is right! Sure, I am exhausted, but the house looks pretty good-- beds are made, even. We had Toddler Group this morning, so we were all up and out of the house at the start of the day. Henry didn't cry at all in the car. We had a lovely-- relatively calm-- morning of play. I got both kids down for their afternoon naps and Henry also went down for his evening nap in his bassinet. I polished off a number of other household tasks, too. I also managed to finish making dinner before Chris got home. I made breakfast for dinner, at Evelyn's request.
Evelyn doesn't often make meal requests becauseshe would rather live off of snacks she's not much of an eater at meal times. She enjoyed about three bites of her eggs and a pinch of cheddar cheese before declaring that she needed to use Daddy's work computer in the office. When this plan didn't pan out, she decided to get out her doctor kit. We corralled her back to the table. After dinner, we all played "toss." In our house, it's not really a game of "catch" since Evelyn is currently most interested in tossing the ball. She has renamed the game to reflect this. Who knows what the rest of the night has in store for us, but our "work day" went as well as it could have.
Evelyn doesn't often make meal requests because
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for a "rock star day!"
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good day all around. I'm glad Evelyn is napping sometimes again.
ReplyDelete