MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Henry's new habits

It appears that I have given birth to a little goat. Henry loves to gum on toys, just like any baby, but lately he has really taken to "eating" shirts, socks, and blankets. His attention span is increasing steadily-- he's not ready for any TED talks, but he happily focuses on a soft toy (or his overalls or feet) for five or ten minutes at a time. This is a wonderfully welcome development and I can't wait to see more of it.

Henry is still very smiley and talkative. He has a lot to say and he loves eye contact. Happy squeals are currently his specialty. We're also hearing lots of guttural "hi," "haa," and "uhhh" sounds. I think he's working on his "g" sound next.

Ah yes, and Evelyn is still his number one source for entertainment (and occasional accidental pokes or bumps)!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that stage where they get really excited staring at something so seemingly simple! David makes a super-intense face, tenses up his whole body and waves his arms and legs when he stares at something like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was so cute this evening. He kept kissing me, the air, his fist. I love the way that babies are all so different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!