MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall landscape project 2010

We enlisted our local nursery for help with a garden bed renovation. Our entry bed has been home to overgrown shrubs (four). It was neither inviting nor safe. Our door and front porch were a bit claustrophobic, if I may speak for them.



It took quite a while for the landscaper to cut down the shrubs, the holly was essentially a tree at this point. I'm ordinarily not a fan of chopping down plants, but in this case I was glad to see them go.



Evelyn was quite impressed by the pile of branches.




4 comments:

  1. What are you planting in the new space? Taking out those shrubs really did open up the front of the house. It looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We put in 6 dianthus plants, tulip bulb, "ice dance" evergreen sedge (3), 6 little pots of creeping thyme, 3 little sedum spurium (tricolor), and a dwarf pine. I'll try to get a better picture of the new bed arrangement. It's looking young now, but I am excited for year-round color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Lins! It will look even better as your plants start growing :) Goo job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing with the section that has the pavers? The front is much more open now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!