Today was one of the two mornings this week that I have three hours of help. The idea was that I could use this time for physical therapy or chiropractor appointments, not exactly super fun, but useful. I was also hoping for a bit of a body break because for the rest of the the day (and night) I have at least one child attached to me. Literally. Can a Mama get a little space? Unfortunately, today we had our garage door sections and springs replaced, so there wasn't any time for me to leave or do anything "relaxing." Oh well.
Evelyn is also refusing to nap without me next to her, this means that she just isn't going to nap today. I can only lay next to her for thirty minutes or so before I need to run to Henry. They're not really in sync in terms of sleep schedules. I did get to the roadside espresso stand down the street, however I am convinced that the woman gave me a caffeinated drink. I gave up caffeine in college, so it has been quite a while and I have no tolerance for it-- it leaves me very shaky. Hooray. Do you know what else leaves me shaky? Putting Henry down for a nap and then coming out to the kitchen to find that Evelyn has dumped an entire box of gluten-free cereal all over the entire room. I swept it up while she smiled and told me it was good to work together to clean up messes. I was not smiling. Deep breaths, it is time for deep breaths.
I'm sorry that you had such a rough afternoon! :( I hope tomorrow is better.
ReplyDelete