MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A lovely birthday

Today was absolutely lovely, for a number of reasons. First, I woke up feeling rested for the first time in months-- thank you, Evelyn! Second, the Seattle area was blessed with beautiful blue skies and a seventy degree day. The rest of the day's details were simply icing on the (birthday) cake. It wasn't a particularly momentous number this year, I'm still a twenty-something gal. But this was one of my best adult birthdays.

Evelyn happily wished me "Happy Birthday!" a number of times throughout the day and she drew me a birthday card. Our whole family enjoyed a long walk through the neighborhood and some of the trails. One neighbor found it necessary to let me know how "uncomfortable" I looked and asked if I was due very soon. We just smiled and nodded and kept walking. While Evelyn napped, I went for a pedicure and read more of the novel I'm currently reading. Chris and I left Evelyn at home with her favorite babysitter and went out to one of my favorite local restaurants for a leisurely dinner. We drove along the lake, just enjoying some good conversation. We ended the evening with dessert, cuddles from a very happy toddler, and a quiet house.

I think we are definitely ready for Baby-on-board to join us. I'm feeling pretty relaxed and refreshed!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect birthday. I was kind of expecting baby Q to make his appearance for your birthday, but I'm glad he held off and let you enjoy your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had such a relaxing, happy birthday! I'm sure it was much deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Shannon, I wouldn't have minded sharing a birthday! Apparently baby boy feels differently.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!