MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Girl Time

Yesterday, I had the chance to do something I've been wanting to do for a while.  Evelyn and I had a girls' afternoon out.  Henry and Daddy spent some time together at Home Depot and played before nap time.  In the meantime, Evelyn and I went to a pottery studio.  I love painting pottery and I have been waiting for the moment when Evelyn would have both the interest and the patience to join me.  She chose a little gift-shaped box with a lid to paint while I painted a light switch face plate for her bedroom.  It was especially fun to be creative with a preschooler without worrying about the clean-up! 

After painting, we walked together beneath a big umbrella and did a little shopping.  We shared some snacks and just enjoyed each other's company.  I recently had a conversation with a friend and questioned whether or not Evelyn and I could even have fun together anymore.  Three-and-a-half can be a tough age at times and our recent travels and holiday plans put a bit of a wrench in some of our routines.  It was wonderful to just enjoy my daughter's giggles and listen (without distraction) to her ideas and stories.  What a nice reset!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys have a great girl's date. I've found it is really fun for Alexa and I to do the same. I love the idea of painting pottery together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you got to have some one on one time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!