Merry Christmas! In light of our recent trip to the East Coast for Thanksgiving, we rather enjoyed a low-key Christmas this year. We went to Christmas Eve Mass and then had a nice dinner at home and let the kids each open a gift (matching pajamas) before bath time. The kids were so excited that they had a hard time winding down and I don't think either one fell asleep before 10:00. It's a good thing that Santa was able to assemble and arrange gifts in just about two hours, because he (we) sure were tired! Fortunately, we all slept in until about 8:30 to make up for it.
Thanks to Xbox Kinnect, we were able to video chat with a large part of my family and we plan to video chat with more family members in the next day or two as well. I love that the kids can sing and dance and show off their gifts to grandparents on the opposite side of the country! Evelyn was originally a little disapointed that there wasn't a door to open on her Advent calendar for Christmas, I think it is safe to say that she has officially moved on. We don't focus much on gifts before Christmas morning in our home. Gifts don't slowly pile around our tree-- we keep them hidden away for the most part until the big morning. It was so sweet to hear the "Wow!" from Evelyn (and then from Henry) and see their eyes light up. I think they were pretty surprised.
Some highlights:
 |
| The calm before the storm. |
 |
| Dress up |
 |
| I love these customizable paper dolls. I found them here. |
 |
| Bubble wrap fun |
 |
| My helper, washing potatoes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!