I almost didn't post a photo for this week. The very end of pregnancy seems to be defined by the ill-fitting and ever-dwindling supply of maternity clothes one is forced to wear in public. To be fair, I still several relatively cute shirts but this photo was taken on a hike and so I wasn't exactly dressing for style.
The main reason for posting these pregnancy photos fairly regularly (aside from sharing this pregnancy with family and friends spread across the country) is to be able to look back at them and remember this pregnancy. I know there will come a time when I will miss the little kicks and wiggles. I am also optimistic that these late pregnancy photos will come in handy when I am a few weeks postpartum. I was shocked at how slim I felt after Evelyn was born. This isn't to say that I was slim. Compared to the "before" (end of pregnancy) shot, however, the postpartum period can actually feel beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!