MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Purple Morning



How was your morning?  Mine was a little. . . purple.  Well, to be more accurate, my daugher's morning was a little purple.  She was painting with her (non-toxic and washable) watercolors while I took care of Henry in the playroom.  She seemed content and so I dared to take a few minutes-- maybe ten-- to check my email and meander around some news websites. 

I know:  what was I thinking?  Never leave a toddler alone with art supplies.  Oh, well.  I remained very calm and the paint washed right off in the shower.  There isn't any sense in getting worked up over a little sensory exploration!  I snapped this photo before washing her because I wanted to be able to show Chris this evening (and all of you) what really happens in our household on a Friday morning! 

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I love it, kids have the best times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! Awww... I think it's funny that her shirt says 'sweet' when clearly this morning she was anything but...

    Glad it washed right off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.
    Not only do I leave Moira alone with art supplies on a regular basis, I leave her alone with toddler scissors on a regular basis. Sp far we haven't had anything that impressive happen, but I'm expecting it any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I leave Isabella alone when she paints all the time, too. (It's the only time I'm allowed to do....well, anything, without my special helper, and well worth the paint on the walls/carpet/clothes/other odd places :) It all washes right off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!