Today has been a bit of a "do whatever we'd like to do" kind of day. Usually, by the end of the week especially, my anxiety level threatens to rise up like a tsunami. I decided that it would be best if we didn't just sit at home today. With nothing on our schedule, Evelyn and Henry played together for a little while this morning and then we decided to visit the library. Though Henry had just fallen asleep for his morning nap as when we pulled up to the library, he was kind enough to accomodate us. He snuggled quietly while we enjoyed storytime and checked out books. By the time we left, Henry was protesting pretty loudly.
We went grocery shopping and ate lunch while Henry snoozed in the Ergo. Evelyn was very happy to pick out a box of her new favorite "squeezy yogurt" and helped heave the package onto the conveyer belt at the checkout. I was nursing Henry in the Ergo as I signed my name on the keypad and the woman behind me smiled and remarked: "Wow, that's some impressive multi-tasking!" She smiled at Henry and said "hi" to Evelyn and I think I said something like "Yeah, moms do what they need to do!" It was actually the first comment regarding nursing I've ever received at the grocery store, so it was certainly nice that it was meant as a compliment of sorts. I am so glad that we live in such a breastfeeding-friendly area.
After a leisurely (for a toddler) lunch, we dropped our bags at the car and walked across the plaza to get Evelyn's first haircut: just one and half inches to remove the super fine, straggly ends that so easily get tangled and knotted in the night. She sat very still and was mostly silent in the stylist's chair. Haircutting is serious business! I'm so glad her little waves and curls are still there. The stylist was actually pretty great with Evelyn, though this was not a kiddie salon (another bonus, the entire haircut cost the same as a bangs trim at the kid's salon we usually visit).
It sounds like a lovely day for all of you.
ReplyDeleteEvelyn's hair looks beautiful! I don't want to cut Molly's hair because I am afraid that she might lose her curls too. :)
ReplyDelete