MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mama Cooks: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I used this recipe at the gluten-free goddess blog as a starting point.  Her cookies look more photogenic than mine, but rest assured that mine were still very tasty!  I try not overload Evelyn with sugar, so I substituted one cup of agave nectar for the one-and-a-half cups of brown sugar. 

Oats (mine were certified gluten-free) are a galactagogue, so I was able to justify my indulgence in a few more cookies than I might otherwise consume.  They only take about twelve minutes in the oven and it is entirely possible to make these cookies with the "help" of a toddler and with a baby in one arm. 

1 comment:

  1. I always eat oatmeal cookies for a boost.

    "They're for my milk!!!" :-)

    Those look yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!