MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pals


This morning, Evelyn dragged a sleeping bag into the master bedroom to snuggle up and play.  Henry was in my arms and smiling and babbling at Evelyn, so I thought I'd bring him closer to his sister.  "Tuck Henry in, too!" Evelyn told me.  They were both thrilled to be together.  Henry was excited because he was getting some attention from his sister and the sleeping bag was something new to touch and explore.  Evelyn was excited (esctatic even) that her brother was able to "play" with her. 

During my pregnancy, we talked a lot about what life with a baby would be like.  We wanted Evelyn to have a basic understanding of what she could expect.  Almost daily, since Henry's birth, she says "Henry's too little to play with me now."  She knows that someday they'll play.  Well, increasingly, in little moments like this one, they are able to interact and play.  It makes all of us quite happy.

Sharing secrets.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think of my brother and me when were kids. Best friends, inseparable - well, most of the time. :) I would love nothing more than to live right next door to him and be as close as we were then. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I'm sure this is the first of many games they will play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!