MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lilacs!

When we first toured our house, I was thrilled to see that the property had a number of rose bushes, some climbing hydrangeas, a massive cherry tree and five lilac bushes. Lilacs have long been my favorite-- I love the fragrance, the flowers, the colors. I love gardenias and hydrangeas as well, but lilacs have always had a special place in my heart. I played in and around the large shrubs with my sisters as a little girl and I'll admit that my one "collection" revolves around lilacs. I have the posters from every Rochester Lilac Festival from 1996 through 2009.

This afternoon, I couldn't keep myself from running out into the yard in the light mist of spring rain to snap a few photos of the first blooms. Lilacs don't bloom for very long at all and their branches last for only about three days in a vase of water indoors, so I plan to marvel at their beauty every chance I get.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!