We braided hair. We played with play dough. Evie loves play dough. She always requests that I roll it up into little balls for her so that she can try to bounce the balls or smush them. Today, however, I pulled out some chopsticks to add to our play dough fun since I was trying to keep Evelyn occupied in our family room before Toddler Group. The chopsticks were a huge hit! Evelyn attached play dough balls to the bottoms of the sticks and "walked" them around her table. She also used them as carving tools to make dots and marks in her play dough.
At Toddler Group, Evelyn participated in her first Easter Egg Hunt. There were toddler-friendly treats inside eggs hidden around the little playground. The kids had a great time spotting the eggs and filling up their bags.


On a slightly unrelated note, our lilac bushes are now green with leaves and little purple buds are beginning to appear. I cannot wait to see them in their full glory. Lilacs have always been a favorite of mine and I am thrilled to have six (six!) in my very own yard. Spring blooms always remind me of this: And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. (Anais Nin) Beautiful, true words.
Look around the base of the bushes (especially in the back) you may have lots of tiny ones too.
ReplyDeleteI do! Tons of them :)
ReplyDelete