MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Closing in on "2"

Evelyn is twenty months old and her interests are more varied and more intense than ever. This is a very fun age. Over the past two months, Evelyn has become a singer-- capable of actually singing most of the right words to the right tune and usually accompanying them with hand motions. Given that I have been singing little songs to her (and still sing to her) practically on an hourly basis since birth, we now have a very musical household and I love it! This isn't to say that every second of the day is magical; when Evelyn is tired she becomes fluent in what I like to call "the toddler whine." Most of the time, however, we enjoy each others' company very much!

Here is a photo-heavy sampling of our fun:



Evelyn likes to explore outside. We play in our front and back yard everyday (unless it is pouring rain). Above, Evelyn inspects a ladybug that she spotted. She has a great eye-- I never would have seen this little bug!





We do some kind of art project every day after nap time. Lately, I have been a bit tired (something about being six months pregnant) and so we have limited our art time to crayons or play dough. Today, I realized that we hadn't used water colors in almost a month so I pulled out an "art smock" (read: one of my t-shirts) and we painted. Evelyn was thrilled!



Evelyn is currently interested in somersaults. We've mostly convinced her that it works out for the best if she does them on her tumbling mat, rather than the couch or on the hardwood floor in the kitchen.





Evelyn loves to play with her kitchen and pretend food, especially when it involves chopping and serving to Mama or Daddy. She also pretends with her baby dolls quite often. Usually I hear Evelyn tell her baby "it's OK, shh" or she claps the baby's hands together and sings "If you're happy and you know it. . . "

We also read oodles of books and we play with friends or go to toddler music class or library story time. Sometimes, we just snuggle. Like I said, it's a fun age.

1 comment:

  1. She is amazing.
    I must admit, I am not so good at letting Moira use watercolors yet. She mostly wants to either paint with the water, or mix the colors up on the watercolor tray. I'm trying to be more patient with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!