MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, March 26, 2010

C'est la vie!

It's been quite the week. I had hoped for a calm, normal week, so that I could finish organizing some of our financial documents and follow-up on bids from painters and landscapers. . . but isn't there a saying-- "life is what happens while you're busy making plans"?

I was rear-ended while stopped at red light. Evelyn slept through the ordeal. Because her car seat is rear-facing, she wasn't thrust forward at all. The bump was a little jarring to my back and I decided to see a perinatologist and have an ultrasound to make sure that baby-on-board was OK because I had some back pain and cramping-- he is doing well and the doctor didn't find anything of concern. The ultrasound was very in-depth, and it was such a treat to see a few 4-D glimpses of baby's little face, but it was a long time to lay on my back with the weight of the baby compressing my blood vessels so I did get a little faint and we needed to do the scan in two parts.

Since then, it's been back pain and nausea central at my house. I feel terrible that it struck while a friend and her daughter were over. Bad timing on the part of my body! I don't know if the pain caused the nausea or if I had a case of food poisoning or just a little bug, but I am thrilled that finally, by the end of the week, I am able to nibble on food and walk around a bit. I also saw my chiropractor yesterday for a very gentle adjustment and he noticed that, although I had just been in last week, my spine seemed to be really out of alignment since the fender-bender. Right now, I am just hoping for my back to stop hurting sooner rather than later because I have a busy toddler who really does not understand why Mama won't pick her up or play chase with her. It breaks my heart to see her sad and I don't want Evelyn to feel rejected, so I try to just pull her onto my lap to snuggle and and we've been playing together on the floor, but none of those positions are too wonderful for my back either.

Nonetheless, the weekend is almost upon us. Here's to hoping for a better week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. We didn't mind at all. I'd rather you took care of yourself then be 'polite' for us.
    I imagine you've got relaxin in you system already, since it's your second pregnancy. Even a small bump will make everything go out of whack when your collagen is all loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I'm sorry that you have had such a rough week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!