MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

What's new?

While Henry took a morning cat-nap, I showed Evelyn a new book I recently picked up. It's full of tracing activities and prompts for line-drawing: straight vertical and horizontal lines, wavy lines, and eventually zig-zag lines. Evelyn loves using pens and pencils and she really enjoys writing and drawing (well, the writing is quite primitive at this point), so I thought this would be a fun "big girl" activity to engage her. She loved it, and after the first activity, she requested that we do three more. I finally suggested that we play with something else. I am hoping to keep the book somewhat of a novelty, or at least a bit exciting, so that it remains a fun (and quiet!) activity for us.



For his part, Henry has been getting much stronger. He can hold much of his upper body off of the ground and he really likes being down on the floor with soft, colorful toys. He is still rolling over quite a bit and he thinks almost any face I make is hilarious. He is now pretty ticklish, and I think he has the best baby laugh! Evelyn had a terrific giggle too; actually, she still has a pretty great laugh (but I am biased, of course). He's also recently discovered that he has feet.



3 comments:

  1. I think it's cute when babies discover they have feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been doing the same books here! Did you know they have 3packs at Costco for $12.99? Great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evelyn does have a pretty amazing laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!