MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day two

Today marks the second day in a row of about four or five hours of total sleep. Henry went from sleeping for four or five hours at a stretch (and then two hour stretches after that) to waking every two hours at night to nurse. Add in the fact that the kids don't nap at the same time, and I am occupied every second of the day. I hope we start sleeping again soon.

We did have someone help us for three hours this morning so that Chris could get off to work at a decent time. It is definitely helpful having a second adult around for the morning rush and to switch off with the kids, but I still always have a child (except for my physical therapy appointment, which wasn't exactly a walk in the park). This sounds a bit whiny, but I am super overtired.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this is a short phase and you get some sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I am sorry! I know how hard this is and how awful sleep deprivation can be. I hope this is a short phase too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!