With the help of my amazing friend (and godmother of my children), at least six household projects have been completed in just a couple of days. I am still enjoying the post-project glow. It is next to impossible to complete major sorting- organizing- building with a toddler under foot and a newborn in your arms. Even with Henry in a sling, I don't exactly feel comfortable wielding a hammer on four hours of sleep. Fortunately, as was the case even in college when I could decorate and stage a room like nobody's business but could not get my closet doors to close for lack of organization, my friend is a super woman when it comes to tackling to-do lists and streamlining items.
Our college diplomas have been matted, framed, and hung. Evelyn's closet is organized and her clothing is sorted and folded in pink and green drawers on her shelves. Henry's room (someday)/ the office has been de-cluttered-- a massive undertaking! Boxes are packed and ready to ship. Our laundry "room" is cleared and a new shelf has been built and organized; the dining room received a new storage shelf, too. I'm positive that I'm leaving out a few things. My mother-in-law also helped us through heaps of laundry. We were just lucky ducks this weekend I tell you! The house is sparkling and organized. Ahhh.
How wonderful. Thank goodness for good friends and family.
ReplyDeleteI just saw this post! I am really glad that you are still enjoying the few things I was able to do. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete