Tonight I had a parent orientation meeting for our toddler group co-op. Since Henry is still in-arms (and since he is a newborn and needs to remain close to his food source!), he came along. I was pretty impressed with his behavior! Neither of us needed a change of shirt-- granted we did have some baby spit-up-- and he was in a pretty lovely mood as he had just finished a nice two (or was it three?) hour nap at home.
I was certainly exhausted during the meeting, but it was nice to get out of the house with just Henry and it was great to see some friends and familiar faces. This year, we will be participating in a family class, meaning that all of the other parent-tot members will have a baby coming along as well. I imagine it will be slightly more chaotic on some levels than last year's class as we'll all have our hands doubly full, but it will be so nice to be surrounded by parents who are in the same position. I think it will also help normalize our family for Evelyn too, though she has actually adjusted (and continues to adjust) really well. I think it was quite lucky for us that we have friends with more than one child and there are quite a few new babies (and babies on the way!) in our Attachment Parenting community.
Toddler group will once again be a great place for our family to play and learn among like-minded families. Though this group does not have a specific affiliation with AP (or API), I've found that families that participate in a co-op setting are families that tend toward gentle discipline, nursing, and cosleeping or night time parenting, though this certainly isn't always the case. It's just nice to know that we have our own ever-extending community.
Anyway, I went off to the meeting with Henry while Chris and Evelyn stayed home for who knows what kind of fun. What I do know is that Chris needed to steam mop the floor twice. Evelyn was already bathed and ready for bed when I got home (and in a fantastic mood), so I think their night was a success too!
It sounds like this class will be great for you and Evelyn (and Henry too). :)
ReplyDelete