MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A yard of one's own

It's been a little while since I've posted a house-related update. Although my beloved lilacs are no longer blooming, the roses are beginning to unfold and the rhododendrons are a sublime shade of juicy pink. We've all been spending a lot of time outside in the yard. It is so lovely to be able take Evelyn out and let her explore in the morning while she is bounding with energy and Chris and I are trying to shake off the sleepiness that comes from late nights and early mornings. Evelyn and I have also been playing outside in the late afternoons when she wakes from nap.





Evie is so utterly satisfied to collect sticks or hunt for ladybugs that I can't even think of what we would do if we hadn't purchased a house with nice outdoor space. Our lakefront apartment was wonderful when she was still an in-arms babe, but now as a toddler she absolutely loves having a yard of her own-- and bonus points that there is a small patch of woods in the back.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that yards are so nice for young children!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!