I am no fan of restricting literature or art and I really don't like to bombard pregnant women with lists of "don'ts" and "shouldn'ts", however, I have discovered that there is one caveat: it might not be bad idea to have a "do no watch/read unless you want to cry" list during pregnancy. If one is feeling a bit weepy (ie: a TV commercial for the latest Oprah "Angel Giveaway" episode inspires tears), I recommend avoiding the following:
Movies:
What Dreams May Come
House of Sand and Fog
any and all Lifetime Original Movies (as a rule, I avoid these anyway because the dialogue is usually lousy and the plots are riddled with cliches)
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dead Poet's Society
Life is Beautiful
Good Will Hunting
Books:
The World According to Garp
A Prayer for Owen Meany
The Kiterunner
Love You Forever (children's book )
The Lovely Bones
The Time Traveler's Wife
This is just off the top of my head. Honestly, though, who am I kidding? I'll keep reading books and watching movies, but I'll keep the tissues nearby.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!