How fitting that on the "International Day of the Midwife" (appreciate your midwives!) I had a great long talk with one of my midwives. Baby-on-board is still growing perfectly and his heartbeat sounds great. I've been really sleep-deprived and anxious lately and unfortunately, my body seems to be responding by breaking out into hives each night. I got some great ideas for helping to calm down my body's stress level.
Chris took Evelyn to the Toddler Group co-op today. I was so glad that he was able to take time from work. Evie didn't have to miss out on the routine and I got to have a meaningful appointment without any distractions. It also worked out nicely that I didn't have Evelyn with me when the A4's battery decided to die. The battery has not been holding a charge since we picked the car up from the body shop. I spoke to someone at the shop and he asked us to "give it two weeks and then check back in." Well, we've had to jump-start the car almost every time we need to use it.
Fortunately, a very kind stranger offered to jump the car at the midwives' office (I had cables in the trunk). I'm actually glad I was the one with the A4 today because when I called the body shop who had repaired the car after we were rear-ended, I explained that I was stuck at my midwife's office and I wanted a new battery as soon as possible. I think the shop manager had a much harder time telling a very pregnant woman to "just give the battery some time to charge." (I know, we should all treat men and women equally; I'm not going to feel bad about any special treatment today). I drove to the shop and, within fifteen minutes, the shop had received a new battery from our dealership and installed it in record time. I met Chris and a sleeping Evelyn back at our house. Hopefully this will be the end of any accident-related car troubles for us.
Thank goodness for helpful strangers indeed.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got them to replace the battery. I can't think of a reason that problem would resolve itself in two weeks.