MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Every Day is Mother's Day


In some ways, this has been the longest year of my life.  But, as my mom pointed out, the first four or five months were the most intense.  There were sleepless nights blurring into sleepy days, the breastfeeding learning curve, adventures in cloth diapers (and diapers in general, really).  

2 weeks old . . . note the overflowing laundry basket and jamba juice cup in the background.  
Now nursing has become second nature, as I knew deep down it would when I refused to so much as introduce a bottle of expressed milk to my daughter for fear of making a new situation more confusing.  We sleep a lot more, most nights, and I am proud to say that E has never had so much as a diaper rash.  There are bigger fish to fry as E is on the cusp of walking and she is better able to communicate her needs and preferences.

I am so honored to be E's Mama.  I get to see the whole world anew through her big blue gemstone eyes.  

Ten months of messy, beautiful, terrifyingly amazing motherhood.  



1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! :) (Late!) I am sure you have been and will continue to be an AMAZING mother!!! You look so happy!!

    I love that I found your blog! You now have one more loyal reader! ;) Miss you lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!