MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, January 15, 2010

18.5 weeks

I fully recognize that our second child will most likely have plenty of hand-me-downs. Even if we have a boy, Evie's jeans and many of her clothes will work fine, as will all of our toys and slings. Nevertheless, although I am the oldest child in my family, I can understand younger siblings will want to have their own special items-- untouched and untainted, as it were.

I picked up this adorable outfit from one of my favorite baby clothing lines for baby-on-board. Since we do not know if we are having a boy or a girl, I steered away from the pink and blue dichotomy (though, for the record, I think boys and girls alike can wear all colors).


Here is a close-up shot of the fabric. It's farm-themed and I thought it was simply precious.



I know that "things" happen earlier with subsequent pregnancies-- feeling movement from the baby, showing physical signs of pregnancy, and so on-- but I did not expect to feel the "nesting" urge this early! When I was expecting Evelyn, it was almost a point of pride for me that I didn't purchase a thing until the third trimester. I think I was just alone in the process and I didn't have anyone with whom to really discuss pregnancy or baby-related topics. This time around I feel like I am in a much happier, much calmer place. It is quite nice.

4 comments:

  1. That fabric is so cute! I think baby will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! We got Sugar Booger a couple things that are new for her too. She gets lots of hand me downs, but I think every child should get a couple things that are just for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable!!! I just love it! And you look great, Lindsey!! Really fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! You look so lovely:) -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!