At thirteen months, Henry can successfully climb any step he encounters and most ladders, too. Though his upward mobility, so to speak, is improving everyday, his main mode of transport is still crawling-- at lightening speed. He can stand on his own. He's been crusing for months. He walks if he has a hand to hold, but that's where he's drawn the line. It seems that Henry realizes he can get from point A to point B very quickly and very reliably when he crawls and this is satisfactory.
Henry has just recently learned to twist tops off of bottles and jars. He has opened my mascara, foundation, most of our markers, our dot paints, and an empty vitamin bottle in the recycling. Sometimes it feels like we have a little pick-pocket in our midst as Henry rifles through the drawers and bins around the house. Fortunately, we keep all of the dangerous things high out of reach. Unfortunately, toy stores do not always follow this protocal. Henry opened a tiny lincoln logs jar and was seconds away from dumping its contents all over the shop floor when I noticed what he was about to do.
Henry has also built upon some of his vocabulary. He'll now say simple sentences such as "Go walk" or "Go out." Also, I have no video proof, but I swear he's tried to say "I love you." If so, right back at you, Henry!
That's amazing that he can open stuff! That would seem to require a lot of manual dexterity. I'm glad Elsa can't do that yet, though. She's a drawer bandit, too.
ReplyDeleteAh, the drawers are so much fun! It's like a treasure trove for little ones.
ReplyDelete