MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mama Cooks: Seasonally Inappropriate Dinner

It was a balmy 61 degrees here in the Pacific Northwest today.  There wasn't a stitch of blue in the sky this afternoon while I prepared dinner, so I opted to make something I typically save for the cooler months:  a whole baked chicken.  I like my chicken tender (who doesn't?) and flavorful.  I use a simple "recipe" and it always turns out well.

one free-range, organic whole chicken
one cup organic olive oil
three large organic yams, sliced into "rings" (peeled, if you like)
one organic onion, diced
four organic carrots, chopped
kosher salt, pepper

Pour a little olive oil into glass baking dish, placing yam circles and half of the chopped onion on the bottom of the dish.  Rinse the chicken and place into baking dish.  Next, pour the remaining oil over the bird and sprinkle the rest of the onion and carrots into the dish.  The chicken should be fairly covered with onion.  Add a healthy dose of salt and pepper.  Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 450 degrees for about two hours.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!