MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, April 1, 2011

No Identity Crisis Here

Today's rain kept us indoors all day, but it didn't stop us from having fun.  We spent the morning at a local kids' museum.  The drive there was road-spray central (and apparently no one else is aware that we need to use headlights in the rain so that other cars can actually see us) but I kept it together.  Just a couple of months ago, I might have been paralyzed with panic at the suffocation of a crowded highway and tons of rain but I am doing really well lately.  Henry is 9 1/2 months old now, and I think that having that distance, hormonally, from the immediate post partum period is helpful.  I really do miss the newborn scent and the precious early weeks and months with him, but there is nothing like enjoying your children and feeling like yourself at the same time.  A little regular sleep and some down time once in a while, and I think I'll be back in business. 

Later on this afternoon, Evelyn was fading fast.  In an effort to pull her out of the whine-induced tantrum that was sure to ensue, I offered to trace her whole body.  She is very interested in tracing-- hands, feet, letters and the like.  She was very excited to do this activity with me (and she tolerated Henry's presence as he crinkled the paper and tried to swipe makers).  When we were finished, she looked very proud.  It's another Evelyn!  It's me!  She decorated it and then we taped it up on the family room door.  You can never have too many Evelyns. 

Another Evelyn!

Henry keeps an eye on things.

1 comment:

  1. We should try tracing things. I bet Moira would love a life sized doppelganger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!