MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Someday

I am a big believer in enjoying what you have while you have it and making lemonade from lemons and the like. But, sometimes I like to gaze at the horizon and wonder what marvelous things might be ahead. I especially like to do this when I have a feisty toddler who wants my attention all day long and a sweet newborn who also wants my attention all day long-- with special night privileges.

So, without further adieu. Here is a little list, just off the top of my head:
  1. Someday, I will write a novel.
  2. We'll take the kids horesback riding.
  3. We'll own a canoe. It's been far too long since I've enjoyed the peaceful "dip" of an oar into a quiet morning lake.
  4. I'll run a 5K.
  5. I'll run a 10K.
  6. Chris and I will go away for a weekend by ourselves.
  7. I'll take Evelyn away for a girls' weekend.
  8. We'll spend an entire summer going around to different National Parks (Heaven!)
  9. I'll wear high heels again. And nail polish.
  10. We'll plan a massive family vacation, including parents and siblings.
What would you like to do?

4 comments:

  1. I love the girl's weekend plan. Walker wants to do a vacation where he lets Moira read the maps to tel him where to go. I think it sounds great, but the reality would probably drive me insane, so it will have to be a Daddy/daughter thing.
    Oh yeah, and someday, I will get the boxes in the basement unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a marvelous idea! Someday, I'm going to go to Europe with my husband and meet his sister in Paris. :) Shannon, my husband and son have done that a couple of times - it is always interesting to hear the stories - some good, some bad but always worth the experience, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! I want to do a few of the same things. :)

    I want to take my girls to Ireland and show them where I used to live.

    I'd also like to travel to Italy with my husband.

    I want to hike the Grand Canyon one day.

    That's all I can think of right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8, 9, and 10 are all high on my list too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!