Evelyn's love of pretend play is becoming pretty entertaining for the rest of the family. Yesterday, she discovered when the mirrored bi-fold door to the master closet is slightly open there are two new friends! She sings and they sing; she dances and her friends follow suit. It's fun for a good fifteen minutes or so. She's also been using whatever she can get her hands on as "dolls." Oh, she does have dolls, but playing cards work just as well. This morning she used a seven of clubs and some kind of King as her characters. They were having a very involved conversation on the couch.
This afternoon, we took out some seasonal window decals. Ordinarily, I am no fan of touching the windows. I work hard to keep fingerprints at bay. But, Henry was napping for a little bit and I wanted to try to do something one-on-one with Evelyn. She had a great time and was incredibly persistent as she tried to figure out which side was the "sticky" side and as she decided on placement. I sat and talked with her for a while instead of racing around to do heaps of laundry and pay bills. It was actually a really nice moment.
I love it when I remember to take a breath and have those moments with Jenna. It is like a huge reset button for me.
ReplyDelete