I did it! I had my first outing with both kids (by myself) today and it went very well. Chris and I were driving separate cars home from the chiropractor's office-- a story for another time!-- and I decided to be brave. There was a Trader Joe's along our route. I thought it would be a great petri dish if you will for experimenting with grocery shopping as a Mom of two small kids. The store is relatively small, so I didn't think I would lose Evelyn in rows and rows of aisles. I prepared Evelyn ahead of time, letting her know that she would need to walk right next to me since I'm not yet able to lift her up into the shopping cart. I wore Henry in the Ergo (with the new infant insert, which is fabulous by the way).
It's amazing how much more independent Evelyn has become since Henry's birth. I think she's been capable of much of what she is doing all along, but I just never gave her the chance. For instance, she is completely able to get in and out of her car seat when it is in the third row of our van. She helped load the cart with veggies and flowers. In the store, I commented frequently on how helpful it was that Evie listened so well and stayed close. I'm not sure if the stars were aligned or if Evelyn was just in the right mood, but our quick trip was a success. I didn't even have to beg her to get back into carseat when were finished!
That's great! Glad your first solo outing went so well :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Glad it went well!
ReplyDeleteThat's so great. Congratulations on your successful outing.
ReplyDelete