MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, March 16, 2012

An Afternoon With My Son

Evelyn and Henry both have fevers and coughs today, but they were happy to enjoy some fresh air this afternoon when the clouds had rolled away.  I bundled them up in the double jogging stroller with drinks and snack bags and walked for a couple of miles.  It felt great.  Luckily, Evelyn fell asleep and I parked her in the house while Henry whispered "sh, Eva is sleeping!" and put a toddler finger to lips.  The two of us worked outside for about an hour.

First, Henry enjoyed the swing and then rock wall on our play structure.  Then he ran around the yard a bit-- obviously perking up-- as I worked at planting ferns (that I purchased over a year ago) and echinacea.  As I moved on to weeding some of the garden beds, I unearthed literally dozens of wiggling worms.  Henry was enthralled, though he did not want to touch the worms and eventually told me he was scared and we should "bye-bye Wormy friend."  We also saw a little light green frog hop around a pile of brances and leaves I was shoveling into the compost bin.  It was such a treat to have some special time to explore and chat with just Henry.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great evening. The little moments one on one are so special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!