MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunny Afternoon

Last night was rather sleepless as Henry's molars work their way to the surface of his swollen gums.  Sleep deprivation is a sure-fire way to increase my anxiety, so I decided that it would be best to get out of the house to enjoy some sunshine and good company. 

Fortunately, some friends were free to meet with us and the kids had a lovely time riding a train and playing pretend together in a little house.  Evelyn was especially excited about the outing because we decided to pack a lunch.  She made her sandwich ("butter"-- earth balance spread and roasted turkey meat on Udi's gluten-free bread) all by herself.  The earth balance container now resembles mashed potatoes, but Evelyn did it on her own!

1 comment:

  1. It hasn't occurred to Moira that she can get the peanut butter out of the jar herself, and I'm not pointing it out yet.
    I'm sorry we couldn't meet you, but I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!