Henry is already eleven months old! My sweet "newborn" crawls at the speed of the light, climbs up steps (and usually back down), and has begun to say words. He loves "d" and "b" sounds, so we're hearing a lot of "Dada" and "dig" along with plenty of mimicing. Henry is starting to dance a little when we turn up the music and sing and dance around. It's adorable to see his smiling face turning side to side as he bounces up and down. He also does the hand motions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and many of the signs to the song we sing (and sign) at Toddler Group: "The More We Get Together." He is very proud of himself and claps enthusiastically when he's done.
Evelyn, for her part, has come up with some new "Evelynisms." Currently, she likes to say that things are "neat, cool." For example, "look at my neat, cool sneakers!" They are pretty neat. . . and cool. In other news, we have tickets for a cross-country flight and the idea of being in a confined space while strangers exchange looks of "please, don't let those kids sit near me!" makes my heart race, to say the least. Evelyn was an excellent traveller at about 14 months and I hope she'll do well with books, snacks, and maybe a movie or two. Henry, on the other hand, may not be so content. I hope I'm wrong. I'll leave you with this (joy on a stick):
My parents got Moira a book about babies and it says "You started to talk when you were around 2!" and I laughed. I guess it depends on your definition of talking.
ReplyDeleteI hope the trip does go well. Maybe just bring a lollypop for each of the kids. :) Have fun visiting the new family.