Now that I am past the six month post partum mark (and the holidays and residual stress-- even though it was largely "happy" stress-- are gone), I am feeling more balanced and at peace than I have in a long time. I think that hormones are settling down a bit and though anxiety is still a part of parenthood and life, it is no longer defining my whole week.
I'm actually really enjoying being a mother of two. The fact that our household and our family is feeling happier on such little sleep (most nights, I get between four and six hours of sleep-- and no, it is not consecutive!) is great news. Imagine how we'll feel when sleep begins to improve sometime in the future. Henry's first tooth is almost completely through his gum line and it looks like a second tooth might be close behind; I imagine this teething pain is contributing to his frequent nursing at night.
 |
| Henry climbed into the toy drawer, so Evelyn followed him in (and offered a car). |
 |
| Evelyn carefully places her piece on the board. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!