MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fun!

Evelyn and Henry have been a lot of fun lately.  I am especially enjoying this time because I know that the "fun" stages come and go, sometimes without warning.  They are both learning and doing new things daily.  We've been making it to a number of fun meetups with friends.  This morning, Evelyn and I even managed a mother-daughter bookstore and cafe excursion while Henry slept in the Ergo on our babysitter. 
Learning to catch snowflakes on her tongue

Evelyn has very recently become aware of the past tense.  Although she has used it correctly (ie:  "I ran here!") for about a year, she seems to have caught onto the -ed ending.  Now, if she puts something on the shelf, she tells us "I put-ed it on the shelf!"  She'll also It's adorable.  She also has a number of favorite sayings; most of them involve her brother.  She just loves Henry!  (The feeling is definitely mutual.  Henry lights up whenever he hears Evelyn coming and he often crawls after her if she leaves a room). 


Henry (the eight month-old with five teeth!) has started to cruise along the train table and any available furniture.  He has reached the stage of mobility that seems to come along with an almost constant bruise or bump on his little forehead.  There isn't much to do except comfort Henry-- thankfully nursing is a great cure-- and comfort myself with the knowledge that his balance and coordination will only get better from here!   
Baby goes flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!