MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One-on-one

There is nothing like the unbridled laughter of your child.  This afternoon, Evelyn delighted in watching her shadow.  She bicycled her legs wildly while on a swing and her shadow looked like it was running.  Her giggle echoed throughout the playground, as we had it to ourselves.

After a cold, but sunny, walk to the elementary school play ground in our neighborhood, Evelyn was absolutely thrilled to climb up and slide down, gallop about, and swing on "big kid" swings.  Henry slept on my back in the Ergo, warm in his fleece.  It was such a treat to have some one-on-one time with my daughter where neither of us is distracted. 

Evelyn has made a lot of developmental strides recently, and I know that part of our struggles with whining or power struggles is most likely the result of her changing needs and abilities.  So, we've been enlisted Evelyn's help in more of our daily activities and I have been trying to say "yes" to as many of her ideas as I can.  If it had been up to me alone, we'd have gone on a little drive by the horses down the street and stopped at the espresso stand.  It is pretty cold today!  But, I gave Evelyn the choice between a little drive or a stroller walk and she chose the walk.  As it turns out (quite often, really), she really knows what she's talking about!  The three of us were perfectly content on our long walk and our stop at the playground. 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day. I'm sure the vitamin D from the sun helped your day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I would love to take my kids to the park and enjoy the sun but I'm afraid their runny little noses would freeze. Maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!