This afternoon (after having spent the morning and early afternoon at home with both Evelyn and Henry), I spent two wonderful hours at the salon. First, I have to say that this appointment was only really possible because the salon is literally on the property of my husband's company (that it is also an organic salon is icing on the cake!) so Chris was able to wear sleeping Henry in a carrier and play with Evelyn very close to me. Henry did need to come in for a Mama-visit to nurse toward the end, so it worked out well that they stayed nearby.
Anyway, the plan was for me to get a quick trim and some highlights and call it a day. The stylist made a suggestion before she began the facial framing: bangs. Not wispy 1994 bangs, but "now" bangs. On an impulse, I said "sure." After all, if I didn't like them they'd grow pretty quickly and I could always sweep them to the side. Evelyn declared that she loves Mama's bangs. Chris thought I looked cute and I think I look a little like a totally different person.
It's fun to have a change. A Mama in the 'burbs can still be spontaneous. I'm glad I acted on impulse. Yes, I drive a Sienna that almost shouts "I have children! Possibly loads of soccer balls!" but I like to think that I'm still me-- and even a small decision that isn't the "safe" choice feels good once in a while.
We truly need photographic proof to validate this post as authentic :)
ReplyDeleteDone!
ReplyDelete