No, I am not opening my own espresso stand. Instead, I find myself dreaming of a fresh fruit or salad drive-through! I wish someone would tack a drive-up window onto a healthy restaurant. As someone who cannot eat any of the food items at a typical coffee place, I often myself wishing for a little drive-through fruit stand. Most of the time I remember to bring a healthy snack in the car if it looks like Evie will fall asleep and we will be in the car for a while, but sometimes she just drifts off to sleep at unexpected times and I enjoy the quiet . . . until I realize that I've skipped breakfast and missed lunch and I am absolutely famished. In these moments, I try to convince myself that a little gluten won't hurt, except that by now, I know that it really will and the delicious piece of bread is not worth it.
If you can make a call without waking her up, you should try calling a healthy restaurant and asking them to bring something to you in your car. I have heard it works, but Moira doesn't fall asleep in the car often, so I've never tried it.
ReplyDeleteThat would be so wonderful, maybe I'll investigate this option and have some numbers handy in case the opportunity arises!
ReplyDeleteI keep little snacks in my glove box. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd it is a great idea!!
As a total detour, I found out this week that the container store does will call for items purchased online. I bought stuff one day, scheduled pick up for the next morning, and voila! It was awesome!!