MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Monday, December 14, 2009

An Entire Day to Yourself

What would you do with a whole day to yourself? My first thought is to sleep at least nine hours in a row and then eat a leisurely breakfast-- on an actual plate (not just a yogurt out of the container). I would love to go to the spa for a massage and a vichy shower treatment. I'd read a good novel, maybe an old favorite like "The World According to Garp" or maybe a new book I haven't had the chance to enjoy. I'd remember to drink plenty of water and take the time to make a delicious green salad for lunch.

Honestly, I almost can't fathom having that much time on hands. My mind jumps ahead to the household tasks I could accomplish if uninterrupted and, certainly, by the end of twenty-four hours I would miss my husband and daughter. I don't think I'll be ready anytime soon to actually spend a whole day away from Evie (or Chris-- we haven't been apart for more than the length of a work day since we married) but it is fun to daydream, especially after a hectic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!