MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, November 4, 2011

My (lack of) Hipster Cred

I'm all for geek chic glasses, skinny jeans, pricey organic vegan food, hemp scarves, and awesome music no one's ever heard, but I've recently suffered a crushing blow to any semblence of hipster credibility.  No, it's not my minivan (it's black!  it's kind of ironic!  super cushy!).  Not the preschooler and young toddler accompanying me-- they're actually very cool and creative. 

I have to just say it.  I don't love Bon Iver.  I really wanted to love them, especially after reading amazing reviews, but I bought the most recent album and spent the whole time listening to it wondering if the dude was going to sing in falsetto for every song.  I love to sing in the car and couldn't even tell what he was saying.  How could I sing along?  Yes, the songs were moving and emotional and even haunting at times.  Still, I think I'm just not a fan.  The end.

Hipster Ariel
P.S.  This is how I look every night when I realize that I haven't written enough yet for NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!