MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mama Cooks: Delicious, allergen-free, pad thai!


Recipe: (all ingredients organic, if this doesn't matter to you, just use whatever you usually buy!)
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 cups chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped carrots (I double this, and I used organic purple carrots)
12 ounces extra-firm silken tofu, cubed
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup wheat-free tamari sauce
2 tbsp agave nectar (this is key!)
1 tsp red curry pasxte
2 tbsp organic peanut butter
1 cup washed and drained bean sprouts (I omit)
6 ounces uncooked rice noodles (rice sticks), prepared according to package
4 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice

From Susan O'Brien's "The Gluten-Free Vegan"

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high and add the onions and carrots (I added one chopped zucchini-- you can add just about any vegetable to this pad thai dish).  Saute until the onions become soft, about four to five minutes.  Add the tofu, continue to cook about five minutes.  Add the vinegar, tamari sauce, agave nectar, red curry paste, peanut butter, and sprouts (if using).  Toss to coat, and heat through.  Pour the tofu mixture over the noodles and garnish with green onions and lime juice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!