I really like our CSA. We are eating seasonally and enjoying a good variety of flavorful organics. Nevertheless, the amount of kale in our house seems overwhelming at times. There is only so much kale a person can consume.
I've had luck adding it to curried dishes and to stir fries. I've also baked it into "kale chips" but none of us actually like these chips very much. Tonight I needed to use up a bunch of kale and I decided to cook it with wheat-free tamari sauce and a little olive oil. I didn't let the leaves wilt completely, in order to maintain some of the bitter taste of the raw leaves. I think it turned out fairly well.
Sauteed is my favorite way to have kale. I usually just throw salt and pepper in with the oil, sometimes garlic. The tamari sounds good though.
ReplyDeleteMoira gets super excited whenever she sees kale, I think it's great that she loves it so much.