MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Boo!"

Our first Halloween in our new house was pretty tame. Our neighbors have told us tales of hundreds of trick-or-treaters traipsing through the neighborhood, but we only saw a dozen or so. We do live on a rather quiet street, as opposed to the center of the neighborhood, so the lack of heavy trick-or-treat traffic makes sense. It was fun though!

We also took Evelyn to about six nearby houses, mostly just to say hello (or in Evie's case, "boo") to our new neighbors. I'm not comfortable offering candy (most of which Evie wouldn't be able to chew) to a toddler whose age I am still counting in months, but Evelyn did not even notice its absence. We enjoyed getting to know our neighbors a little better. This afternoon, as I pruned some of our bushes and prepared our garden for colder weather, I was overcome with a sense of "home-sweet-home." We're definitely settling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!