Instead, I'll write about my morning. Or maybe I should begin with last night? It's really all a blur at this point. Evelyn is working on her seventh tooth and she was unable to stay asleep for more than two consecutive hours. This translates to my inability to sleep. I have essentially been sleep-deprived for over a year, but last night was just unbearable. I can hardly keep my eyes open. Hopefully once this tooth comes through, we'll get back to our regular sleep routine of waking just once to nurse in the middle of the night. Needless to say though, this morning it was a bit of a challenge to get out the door, but we had plans by golly!
The maternal forces behind mothers' meetup groups were strong today. I hosted a coffee play date for the Attachment Parenting group I am involved with. I really love this group and Evie does too. We love the other Mamas and tots and we are pretty active with this group. Nevertheless, I am also somewhat involved in another Mom group (as well as a book club and a group for Moms, Dads, and kids). Well, the other Mom group was also meeting at the coffee shop and play area, as was another Mom group. It was quite the coincidence.
A few of the other ladies are in multiple groups as well. For a moment I saw flashes of high school cafeteria tables, wondering where to sit and wondering who would join which table but, hallelujah, I didn't sense a stitch of awkwardness. The more, the merrier I say! We had some great conversations and Evie enjoyed a game of "Let's Make my Exhausted Mother Run After Me as I Chase This Robin." We also played with the outdoor musical instruments at the Sensory Garden play area outside the coffee shop. All in all, the morning was a success. Now, I am just counting down the hours until my husband returns from work so that I can potentially rest my eyes (after I organize our paper work for our move and do 16, 789 loads of laundry, that is).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!