MamaCumLaude

Trying my best.

Friday, October 14, 2011

"We're just playing 'Cats in the Woods,' Mom!"


Fridays are "days off" for our family.  Now that preschool and co-op preschool group and swimming lessons are in full-swing, we are reveling in moments of free time.  This afternoon, I tied aprons onto the kids and set them up with dot paints outside at their little table.  After creating about three or four paintings, Evelyn decided to paint whiskers on her cheeks.  

My initial reaction was to gasp; fortunately, I squelched this reaction and realized this was actually a good day to get messy with our washable paints.  Evelyn "helped" Henry get beautiful and they headed back into the little wooded area behind our house.  When I followed to see what they were doing, Evelyn told me it was OK.  "We're just playing 'Cats in the Woods,' Mom." The game eventually progressed to "Cats in the Dirt" and ended with "Cats in the Bath" and "Overtired Cats Crying on the Bed."  Still, they had a fabulous time outside together.

On the prowl.

I hope they will remember moments like these when they reflect on their childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!