I am so sick of plastic. I have recently begun to try to purge my home of plastic. This is actually really hard since almost everything has some kind of plastic packaging or plastic component. I came across these pretty canning jars online: http://www.organize.com/kitchen-canning-supplies.html. I am a bit hesitant to purchase glass containers. My main concern is my predisposition to dropping things on the kitchen floor and then spending the better part of an hour keeping E out of the danger zone whilst cleaning and avoiding the insertion of glass shards into my almost always bare feet. Nevertheless, ziploc brand containers are really quite ugly and the lids have pretty sharp edges and they warp and become discolored after only a few weeks. (Not to mention the fact that they take on the scent of whatever food item they contain. . . can anyone say spicy red curry?) I think I'll go ahead and get rid of the last of the plastic in the kitchen and just say extra prayers that I don't break any glass, the jars look pretty sturdy!
MamaCumLaude
Trying my best.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Pretty Glass Jars
I am so sick of plastic. I have recently begun to try to purge my home of plastic. This is actually really hard since almost everything has some kind of plastic packaging or plastic component. I came across these pretty canning jars online: http://www.organize.com/kitchen-canning-supplies.html. I am a bit hesitant to purchase glass containers. My main concern is my predisposition to dropping things on the kitchen floor and then spending the better part of an hour keeping E out of the danger zone whilst cleaning and avoiding the insertion of glass shards into my almost always bare feet. Nevertheless, ziploc brand containers are really quite ugly and the lids have pretty sharp edges and they warp and become discolored after only a few weeks. (Not to mention the fact that they take on the scent of whatever food item they contain. . . can anyone say spicy red curry?) I think I'll go ahead and get rid of the last of the plastic in the kitchen and just say extra prayers that I don't break any glass, the jars look pretty sturdy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!